Canucklehead, who is always a fun read, posed an interesting question on his blog yesterday, and I thought I’d join in and answer as well.
Imagine you had one suitcase to transport your possessions from your home. What ten to fifteen most cherished objects would you choose to take with you?
1. My Bible
2. Our external hard drive that has every single picture we’ve ever taken of the kids.
3. My wedding ring set (which I don’t wear and can’t until I lose about another 25 pounds)
4. My MP3 player (c’mon – it has almost our entire music collection on it)
That’s about it, really. The question asked about “cherished” possessions, and other than my Bible (that I’ve had since high school), the kids’ pictures and my wedding ring, I wouldn’t much care if we lost the rest (I’d be sad, but not devastated because it’s just STUFF).
Now, if we were going for more of a “desert island” kind of suitcase wherein these are the only things I’ll EVER have, then I’d add a few more things:
1. Three more books: “A Prayer for Owen Meany,” “Jane Eyre,” and “Pride and Prejudice.”
2. A solar-powered DVD player (heh – you know, so it’ll work on the desert island) and the following movies: “West Side Story,” “My Fair Lady,” “Auntie Mame,” and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
What about you? One suitcase of cherished possessions – what would you take?
If you liked that post, read on...
The Friday Five on June 14th, 2002
Garage Sale Pic on April 11th, 2005
Only Because She Said I Would on April 22nd, 2005
Celebrity Dead Pool on October 12th, 2004