We’re Here

We made it to VA in just under four hours last night. It was a blessedly uneventful drive. CootieGirl was in perfect form and never complained about being stuck in her carseat for four hours. At some point I put on “Wizard of Oz” for her and she watched in fascination the whole time. When the movie ended at 11:30 p.m. she asked for another one, but I told her to get some sleep, and she was passed out within five minutes.

Upon arriving we both promptly went to bed after saying hello and goodnight to Marmie. It was a restless night, though, since CootieGirl wanted to sleep in my bed and also wanted to be plastered up against my side. By this morning I was on the very edge of the bed and she was still pressed up right against me.

We plan on visiting Granddad in the late morning sometime today. Mom said he had a stable day yesterday – he was on so many meds that he slept the bulk of the time she was there visiting.

My Signature


Comments are closed.

We’re Here!

We’re here in VA after a long day yesterday.

As I posted before, we originally intended to leave in the morning yesterday, but Denis needed to help a client make an offer on a house, so we ended up not leaving until 4 p.m. And it’s a good thing too because I did a LOT between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. and my house is still a mess.

We opted to take the scenic route down 78 to 83 to 15 to 28 to my parent’s place. It ended up being 78 to 287 back to 78 to 81 to 581 to 15 to 28 to my parent’s place. With a stop at a stinky diner outside Harrisburg that smelled as if the city dump was on the other side of the parking lot. The smell was so bad it invaded our van for at least 30 minutes after we left.

CootieBoy screamed for a good portion of the drive, and CootieGirl was pretty good – she’s definitely better in the car than he is. She enjoys listening to the music we play and clapping her hands, and CootieBoy just wants attention – he hates to be ignored, and when you are driving along at 75 mph to escape the stinky diner it’s hard to pay attention to the tyke in the backseat.

We arrived at 9:59 p.m. and the kids promptly woke up and thought it was a brand new day. CootieGirl dragged out all her toys and CootieBoy was eager to smile and be all cute and stuff. They both finally konked out around 11:30 p.m. or so, as did Denis. I stayed up for just a hair longer and then passed out.

CootieGirl woke up bang on 7 a.m. this morning – no rest for the wicked, as they say. She played her heart out all morning and went down for a nap about 30 minutes ago. CootieBoy is upstairs watching Baby Mozart after having his latest bottle. Denis has just showered, as have I, which means we will be running out to do a bit of shopping before the Family Christmas tonight with my dad’s side of the family which is sure to be a blast since my cousin has a baby that is just one month younger than CootieBoy.

My Signature

If you liked that post, read on...

day five: hollywood studios on May 29th, 2008

Facebook Fast About To Begin! on April 25th, 2016

I'm Back! on October 8th, 2007

We're Back! on November 27th, 2005