Back in June Denis and I posted a preliminary menu for the White Elephant party. Since then we’ve practiced a couple recipes and have tweaked the menu a bit. It’s now August, which means our first initial invite notice goes out tomorrow! LET THE WHITE ELEPHANT SEASON BEGIN!
Here’s our menu as it stands now:
1. Cauliflower Fritters (YUM)
2. Moroccan meatballs
3. Shrimp and grits cups
4. Breaded fried ravioli
5. Fried mushrooms
6. Romaine BBQ Chicken Teasers
7. Bacon crackers – we practiced these and they are YUMMY
8. Broccoli/cheese bites
9. Mac & cheese minis
10. Lobster/potato salad cups – we practiced this one as well, and it was a huge hit at work
11. Mini beef Wellingtons
12. Shrimp cerviche
13. Bacon/cheese cups – another one we practiced – they were delicious
So that’s a total of 13 dishes. We plan on practicing a few more (after all, these are all new items on the menu – we’ve never served ANY of these at the WE party). It’s possible we’ll weed out a couple of these and stick to 10 items to serve at the party, but either way, we’re getting excited – only four more months until the party!