Okay, so last night’s edition of The Amazing Race was exactly that. AMAZING.
Lots of stuff to get into – I hope I can remember it all.
1) Gretchen’s fall – I felt so bad for her but then she totally rocked by making her husband go find the clue while she was tended to. Bloody and sore, she continued on with the race. Bravo, Gretchen! I was pleased when they made it to the mat and stayed in the race.
2) Their Stuff – I was horrified when Phil took away all their stuff as well as their money. Who made up THAT horrible rule? But Gretchen and Meredith did it, by golly, they got to the mat in fifth place and remained in the race for another round. Do they get their stuff back now? That part was unclear to me.
3) Rob/Amber – I still am rooting for them, but Rob really angered me last night when he didn’t even roll down his window to ASK about the brothers. The brothers have never been rude or spiteful to ANYone in the race (that I recall), and does it REALLY waste time to even just roll down the window? That was a little TOO callous, Boston Rob.
4) The Brothers. Love them. Maybe more than Rob/Amber at this point. I was so sad when their truck turned over – they were obviously devastated and thought they were done for. And they seemed genuinely upset not for the RACE but for their cameraman who was obviously shaken up and injured. The one driving must have felt horrible about that. But they continued on, got another truck and made it to the Road Block and just plowed through it and stayed focused.
5) Lynn & Alex – bravo to them for pulling over and attempting to help The Brothers (I would have too, race be damned). That was sweet if not a little unexpected (since they can be pretty competitive).
5) Deana and Ray. Ugh. NOT a fun couple in any way. And what was going on with her eye in last night’s episodes? I’ve never noticed that one eye droops a lot – is that brought on by fatigue or has it always been that way and I just never noticed?
6) The Footrace – I admit that I was standing and cheering for The Brothers when they caught up with Deana/Ray at the mat. SO SO happy about that!
If you liked that post, read on...
Three TV Posts in a Row - Not Good on September 30th, 2002
In The Spirit of Fairness on August 13th, 2003
Rethinking Our TV Programming on February 5th, 2012
The Final Two on May 11th, 2008