Courtesy of The Friday Five:
1. What’s the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country? I went to Virginia to visit my family for my birthday back in June. Although technically the last place would be NYC, where I work, since I live in NJ.
2. What’s the most bizarre/unusual thing that’s ever happened to you while traveling? Getting so angry with my husband having dinner in a restaurant in Amsterdam that I stormed out and walked back to our hotel by myself. Despite the anger it was a very pleasant walk – I love Amsterdam. That’s not necessarily bizarre or unusual, but it IS memorable.
3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go? Antartica, Australia or New Zealand.
4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car? I love driving, but probably plane since you can get there faster.
5. What’s the next place on your list to visit? Back to Virginia again in September. Although in late October and November I’ll be going to California one weekend and North Carolina the next. And next May we go to Memphis and Nashville for a week.
Courtesy of Friday Five:
1. Do you have a car? If so, what kind of car is it? We currently drive a 2002 Toyota Corolla.
2. Do you drive very often? We average 5 miles a day. It’s a 13 month old car and we only have 6300 miles on it. We don’t often take big driving trips.
3. What’s your dream car? I loved the Merkur Scorpio but they aren’t being made anymore. So next choice would be a Volkswagen Cabriolet – white with tan soft roof. Denis wants an SUV like the Nissan Xterra.
4. Have you ever received a ticket? Oh yeah, many times. Not lately though (touch wood).
5. Have you ever been in an accident? Yes I’ve been in a few. That I can recall, two of them were my fault, the others were me being hit by someone else or someone doing something stupid and causing me to hit them.
Courtesy of Friday Five:
1. Where are you right now? At home. Glorious weather here today, but I’m staying in and lazing about.
2. What have you lost recently? My desire to work. I just want to quit and spend my days doing odd things like writing my Great American Novel, starting a scrapbook collection, have a couple kids and become a mom. Work – meh.
3. What was the first CD you ever purchased? Does that embarrass you now? The first CD I ever bought was The Best of Techno, Vol. 1 in 1991 and it only featured music by Moby using different pseudonyms. It doesn’t embarrass me at all – it’s indicative of who I was at the time.
4. What is your favorite kind of writing pen? I try not to write – I much prefer typing. But when I do write, we have these great pens at work that don’t smudge and look nice.
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Anything with chocolate. Lots of it.
Here is today’s Friday Five! Enjoy, and feel free to answer them as well…
1. How often do you do laundry? At least once every two weeks. Denis and I have stocked up on underwear and socks so that we don’t have to do it as often.
2. What’s in a typical wash load? Towels, clothes, table linens, etc. We usually end up with three or four loads of laundry when we do it.
3. Front or top loader? Powder or liquid detergent? We thought about getting a front loader but the measurements were too big for the space we have in the pantry. So they are both top loading. we use only liquid detergent – I’ve never been fond of powder.
4. Do you use fabric softener in the rinse cycle? Nope. Never. But we use Bounce in the dryer, which smells nice.
5. Dryer or clothesline? Dryer, definitely. I know people swear that clothesline drying makes things smell fresh, but to me that means they are hanging out getting dirty all over again with dust, bugs, and pollen.
courtesy of Friday Five:
1. What shampoo do you use? I use various kinds, switching between three right now: Tresemme, Sheer Blonde, and Suave Tropical Coconut
2. Do you use conditioner? What kind? No I don’t – can’t stand the stuff.
3. When was the last time you got your hair cut? About two months ago.
4. What styling products do you use? Hair dryer and a brush. Sometimes.
5. What’s your worst hair-related experience? I dye my hair all the time – about once a month for a while there. I also vary the shade everytime, going from blonde to redhead to magenta to brown. Anyway, once I dyed it from blond to brunette and the tips came out GREY. However, I ended up getting compliments on the “highlights”, so I guess it wasn’t too bad.
So, one of the blogs that I link to and have come to enjoy is the Friday Five, which is updated every Friday with new questions. So here are today’s Friday Five: