So I managed to get to Anthony’s place by 10 a.m. yesterday and by 10:30 a.m. we were stuffed with Dunkin’ Donuts and ready to paint. By 4:30 p.m. (and thanks to the arrival of Denis when he was done with his work stuff), we had managed to get a coat of paint up in all three bedrooms, the upstairs hallway, the dining room and most of the living room. Only three other rooms needed the first coat, and I believe Anthony was going to do that today, as well as put up second coats/do touchups in all the other rooms.

Their dining room is a really vibrant strawberry red and will definitely need at least three coats for good coverage. But it’s a gorgeous color. They also chose green for one of the bedrooms, and Ace/Anthony believe the store got the paint can mixed up with another customer because the green came out Granny Smith apple instead of sage. But can I tell you? I LOVE the green they ended up with. The great thing is that they have a whole can of it left and said they’d give it to me, which would be awesome because I’m thinking of painting the part of the attic with that color.

Last night when I got home I took a shower and by the time I went to bed I was exhausted and sore. I had to get up in the middle of the night to give CootieBoy a bottle and could BARELY walk across the room to pick him up, that’s how stiff I was/am from my day of painting.

Tomorrow I’ll head back and we’ll concentrate on painting all the trimwork throughout the house. Their goal is to finish all painting by Friday night so that on Saturday they can start moving stuff over in bits and pieces. I believe they have to be out of their apartment by September 30th, so they’ve got plenty of time to move their stuff and have the luxury of being able to take a few carloads over at a time over the next couple weeks.

My Signature

If you liked that post, read on...

Here's Me, Taking a Dive in the Pool on March 24th, 2006

Busy Morning! on August 31st, 2005

The Mission Today on February 3rd, 2007

My Day Off on September 21st, 2009