Over at Jen Speaks there has been a discussion of Top 10 Favorite Movies, and I thought I’d bring the discussion over here as well. Without further ado, here is my top 10 of all time:
10. O Brother, Where Art Thou? – The Coen Bros. finest effort.
9. Waiting for Guffman – makes me laugh everytime. Another movie I could watch over and over and never get bored.
8. Lord of the Rings: FOTR – the last chapter may end up on the top ten list, but for now Chapter 1 is here. Great storytelling.
7. Finding Nemo – I fell in love with this movie and it’s my all-time favorite “cartoon” now
6. Lagaan – Bollywood at its best. I worship this movie.
5. Philadelphia Story – Katherine Hepburn, Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart all in one movie! PERFECT!
4. Never Been Kissed – Drew Barrymore goofiness reminds me of myself
3. Mame – Rosalind Russell is perfection in this role and Mame is who I long to be when I “grow up”
2. My Fair Lady – love Audrey Hepburn
1. West Side Story – gah, I cry everytime, despite seeing it about a billion times.
Honorable Mentions: Aliens, Stage Door, 10 Things I Hate About You, Memento, Das Boot, Rat Race, The Graduate, Strictly Ballroom, and too many others to list!
What about you?