I haven’t talked about movies much around here – but we have been watching them! So here’s a quick recap of movies I’ve seen in the past several weeks:
- The Black Cauldron (kids cartoon): Kids loved it.
- The Island (Ewan McGregor/Scarlet Johannson): I really liked it a lot.
- Pineapple Express (James Franco/Seth Rogen): Very funny. Language was atrocious though.
- The Secret of NIMH (kids movie): Kids liked it a lot.
- Jet Lag (Jean Reno/Juliette Binoche): Foreign film, very cute.
- Kicking & Screaming (Will Farrell): It was a kid-friendly movie with Will Farrell being semi-normal, rather than over-the-top. It was decent.
- Horton Hears a Who! (kids movie): We saw this in the theater, so we already knew the kids liked it.
- Benji (the original kids movie): A bit dated, but the kids watched it twice in a row, so they must have liked it.
- The Duchess (Keira Knightley, Dominic Cooper, Ralph Fiennes): Very good movie. Women really had it bad back in the day, didn’t they?
- The Hurricane (Denzel Washington): An interesting story that you need to watch with a grain of salt. Supposedly a LOT of erroneous information in this “based on a true story” movie, but Denzel rocked it as usual.
- The Aristocats (kids movie): They loved it.
- Live Free or Die Hard (Bruce Willis, Justin Long, Timothy Olyphant): I liked it more than thought I would.
- Fly Me to the Moon (kids movie): CootieGirl and I saw this in 3-D when it came out. Cute movie.
- The Weather Underground (documentary): Interesting documentary about the domestic terrorist group that bombed various buildings and locations in our country in protest.
- Kung Fu Panda (kids movie): No brainer – loved it.
- Four Brothers (Mark Wahlberg, Andre 3000): It was okay. Andre 3000 was surprisingly good.
- Catch and Release (Jennifer Garner, Timothy Olyphant, Kevin Smith): I liked this movie a lot. And not just because I’m a huge Garner fan. It was a nice movie that had some funny stuff in it. Tearjerker movie in parts though.
- Derailed (Clive Owen, Jennifer Aniston, Vincent Cassel): Wow. Crazy movie and not at all what I expected.
- It’s All Gone Pete Tong (no one famous): A quirky independent movie about a club DJ who goes deaf. It was just okay.
- Millions (no one famous): GREAT GREAT GREAT movie. I think it’s British (or is it Irish?). In any event, RENT THIS ONE.
As you can see I’ve been trying to alternate kids movies with adult movies so that the kids can see stuff every now and again. It has worked out well for the most part and has resulted in quick turnover of movies since mid-January. Up next from our list: Premonition, which arrives today. Tinkerbell, which arrives tomorrow.
If you liked that post, read on...
Reel Moms on September 21st, 2004
A Kitchen Sink of Postiness on December 19th, 2008
Spider-man Was Great! on May 4th, 2002
4 Movies in 3 Days on August 1st, 2010