I Think I’ve Recovered

Well, I believe I’ve recovered from this weekend’s Blogathon. Yesterday once it was done I didn’t go on the computer again the rest of the day. I didn’t even go in the ATTIC again.

Church went well – my leading of the worship time was strictly perfunctory. Since I’ve never done it before I didn’t know what to do and while it wasn’t HARD I can see how you really have to have the talent to be able to lead people in singing. I don’t have it. It was also made slightly difficult because the lights were IN MY FACE and I could barely read my music much less the words to the songs I don’t know well (on most songs I only sing on the chorus not the verses because I do strictly harmony). The band also wasn’t as tight because our bass player was having some issues. Our plucky drummer did well, despite dislocating his shoulder at work on Friday.

Once home we took care of the kids for a bit until their nap time, and then I promptly fell asleep on the sofa in front of the tv. Two hours later the kids were up, which meant so was I. However, my tolerance for noise and my patience with disobedience were quite limited and, frankly, the kids got on my last nerve. The late afternoon was a tough tough time for me when Denis was at the grocery store for just over an hour.

CootieBoy eventually went to bed around 7 p.m. at which point we got CootieGirl suited up for the pool and I took her over there. We played in the pool for about 30 minutes while Denis cooked dinner on the grill. Arriving home from the pool, I put CootieGirl in her pjs and got her settled into bed and then Denis and I enjoyed a quiet evening. I was asleep on the sofa by 9:05 p.m. and stayed there until 11 p.m. at which point both Denis and I went upstairs and collapsed into bed for the night.

My Signature

If you liked that post, read on...

A Mostly Delightful Day! on June 20th, 2010

Music At Work on October 13th, 2004

Large Piles of Steak on June 15th, 2005

Vision Update on July 1st, 2004