So two of my bosses are on vacation this week. I admit that part of me is thrilled to have a quiet work week as my last week before going on maternity leave this Friday, but man oh man I am so bored. I even covered the front desk for an hour to break up the monotony and I’m still bored beyond belief. Good thing it’s already 2 p.m. – only three hours left.
What’s so sad is that I have nothing to report. The weekend was quiet – Denis and I went out to dinner on Saturday night. We each ate TONS of food (appetizer, salad, main course, and I had dessert). I also drank 48 fl. oz. of water during the hour-long meal (our waitress was impressed). I knew I’d have heartburn that night, but at that point I didn’t care. It wasn’t until about 3:30 a.m. that I began to really care. Painfully so.
Sunday, Denis went into the city to help his pal Ed paint his apartment and I was left to my own devices – this included a nice long nap to make up for lack of sleep during the night. Why was I able to NAP so easily in the afternoon, but anything between 11 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. is a waste of time? I don’t get that at all.
For lunch today I had a small salad and some pasta. I have heartburn now. It’s inescapable. It’s making my eyes water and my nose run. That’s attractive.
I told Denis I was bored and he sent me a list of things I could do:
1. Update Cootiehog’s pregnancy page. *done*
2. Did you ever take that guy up on his offer to install MT on our server for free? Why don’t you get a hold of him? I do plan on having Jhames help me, but I can’t figure out how to give him FTP access at the moment – but you bet your sweet bippy I will in the next week or so!
3. Plan your Alaska trip. This I can’t do since the April 2004 Alaska cruises have not been listed online yet.
4. Clear off all jobs for the next three months. What jobs?
5. Write a screenplay. Yeah, right.
6. Think about what you want for dinner. That pasta I love so much. *done*
7. Buy an Easter card for your parents/sister. I am SO not going downstairs to hit the Hallmark – it’s always packed with tourists in the basement of Rock Center.
8. Talk to CootieGirl. And look like some 706 street crazy sitting here at my desk? I don’t think so.
I wanna go home!