Hat tip to Jen Speaks
Items in BOLD are those I have done.
1. Started your own blog – four of them!
2. Slept under the stars – in college
3. Played in a band – my church bands in NJ and in SC
4. Visited Hawaii – BEST vacation EVER!
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity – back when I was practically homeless myself I gave money to a charity group.
7. Been to Disneyland or Disneyworld – I’ve been to both. DL once and DW twice.
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo – many many times
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse – of the moon
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise – our honeymoon!
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language – I taught myself a bit of Russian a couple years ago.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke (badly) – it was only bad because the song was too fast
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – it was actually a fast food meal for a homeless dude.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance – I’m actually not sure about this one. I was hit by a car at age 13 and can’t remember if I was transported in an ambulance or not. I have amnesia of the event itself.
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie – in my college film class.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason – from a freaky boyfriend in college. We didn’t date long.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check – during my “almost homeless days” – too many times to count.
68. Flown in a helicopter – does a biplane count?
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job – good times. Despite being fired my boss gave me a good recommendation at my next job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone – skull fracture when I was 9 months old
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car – only once.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury – I was the lone voice of reason during the deliberations. Like Henry Fonda in “12 Angry Men”
91. Met someone famous – several while living in NYC, Alec Baldwin being my favorite because he was so approachable and nice.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
If you liked that post, read on...
The Friday Five on June 14th, 2002
Death on January 8th, 2004
Frustrated. on April 17th, 2008
I Am Tired on May 4th, 2006