I let Denis have the TV tonight, and I spent the evening working on two CDs to give to a co-worker who is dreadfully behind the times on music. She claims that she only listens to bad music while at work because she wants to listen to music that won’t offend anyone or get on anyone’s nerves. However, when I rode in her car the other day to go out to lunch she had bad music on in the car too. *lol*
So I made two CDs – one for the car (it plays regular songs, not MP3s, since her car just has a regular CD player), and one for the office (175 MP3s she can upload to her computer). I then played around in Adobe InDesign and made a CD cover for the one that goes in her car. It was actually a lot of fun to do and certainly passed the time well enough since it is now after midnight.
Denis just came from where he was sleeping on the sofa and had to run out to the car because it is pouring rain and he left the two back windows open. Hope the rain clears up because I told CootieBoy I’d take him to the pool.
Update, per Amy’s request:
1. Amy Winehouse – Rehab
2. Arcade Fire – Keep the Car Running
3. Daughtry – Feels Like Tonight
4. The Eels – That’s Not Really Funny
5. Feist – 1234
6. John Austin – If I Was a Latin King
7. Kaiser Chiefs – Ruby
8. Keane – We Might as Well be Strangers
9. Live – Iris
10. Lily Allen – Knock ’em Out
11. Mika – Grace Kelly
12. Modest Mouse – Float On
13. Nellie McKay – It’s a Pose
14. OK Go – Here It Goes Again
15. Olivia Newton-John – Xanadu
16. Paolo Nutini – New Shoes
17. Regina Spektor – Fidelity
18. The Scissor Sisters – I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’
19. Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars
20. Teddy Geiger – For You I Will
21. “Wicked” Soundtrack – Defying Gravity
Some comments: The Xanadu track is for laughs, since my co-worker is in shock that I love that movie so much. The “Wicked” track is just a GREAT GREAT song and I’m trying to talk my co-worker into seeing the play when it hits Charlotte. Some of the songs are oldish (#6, 9, 13, and 20, but they are on my permanent shortlist of great songs.
If you liked that post, read on...
One Track At A Time - All 6,212 Of 'Em on July 15th, 2008
Music: Daughtry on January 8th, 2007
Trying To Show My Music on January 30th, 2007
New Music I Love on February 4th, 2012